Author: Guest blogger: Preston Guyton REALTOR®
Broker in Charge/Managing Partner, CRG Companies, Inc.
7717 N Kings Hwy, Myrtle Beach, SC, 29572
When it’s time to sell a home, high end upgrades can help boost your home’s value,
leading to bigger offers and better profits. Of course, not all remodeling projects are
created equal in the mind of a home buyer. When searching for homes, most buyers like
to see functional and elegant kitchens, outdoor spaces made for entertaining and extra
comfortable bathrooms. These three high end remodeling projects can help turn your
home into a magnet for buyers.
A major kitchen remodel done right can recoup around 74% of the investment. Home
buyers can get very particular about the features they seek in a kitchen, including space,
energy efficiency and functionality. Large kitchens with varied areas for cooking,
entertaining, socializing and food prep can attract buyers and sell a home. Some features
to consider installing include:
• Custom cabinetry. Cabinetry that is designed for the house where it’s been
installed is especially attractive because of its beauty and usefulness.
• Gourmet appliances. Gourmet appliances like a wine cooler, convection
microwave and double oven make it easier to entertain and more fun to cook at
• Energy efficient fixtures. Energy efficient fixtures and technology help save
homeowners money and require less energy to run.
• Varied lighting. Varied lighting, like task lighting under the cabinets and
recessed lighting all over the kitchen, is important for performing a variety of
tasks in the kitchen.
All or just some of these high end features can help make your kitchen remodel more
beautiful and successful.
Bathroom Remodel or Addition
A recently upgraded bathroom can be luxurious and functional, while an addition of a
bathroom can help make a home more livable for a large family. Some features to
consider installing include:
• Varied lighting options. Lighting isn’t just important for making the room
attractive; good lighting makes the bathroom safer.
• Detailed tile work. Detailed tile work like a beautiful backsplash or intricate floor
tiles gives the room flair.
• Sustainable materials. Recycled glass countertops, a reclaimed wood vanity and
other fixtures made from sustainable materials can help reduce the home’s carbon
• Universal Design / Aging in place features. Curbless showers, grab bars and non-slip floors make
the bathroom safer for older adults who wish to stay in their home into their
senior years. Age in place features are practical and also help add value to the
Homeowners who aren't sure which upgrades to include in their bathroom remodel
should talk to their home remodeling company before making a final decision. Features
that save space in the bathroom, cut back on clutter and maximize the efficiency of the
room can all help make the bathroom more attractive for homebuyers.
Remodeling the yard can be just as effective as remodeling inside the house. Homebuyers
with families and homebuyers who like to entertain look for these features:
• Outdoor kitchen. Counter space, an outdoor refrigerator, an outdoor sink and a
built-in grill can make it easy to cook outside on hot summer days. Outdoor
kitchens are useful for people who especially enjoy grilling.
• Custom designed deck. A custom designed deck with features like built-in
benches, lighting and multiple levels can ensure that homeowners have a variety
of places to sit on their deck while enjoying themselves in their backyard.
• Pathways. Built-in pathways make it easier to preserve the grass and make it
more fun to explore the property.
Ask your real estate agent what upgrades they think would benefit your home's sale as
well. If you’re a homeowner seeking to make a high end remodel before your home goes
up for sale, contact a reputable remodeling company in your area. You'll want to make
sure your project is done right the first time.